Design can be overwhelming without proper guidance or tools.
Take Canva elements as an example.
The options are so rich that you can get lost in them.
The pros know where to use which element, helping them create mind-blowing graphics for any brand.
You can also learn to use Canva elements and speed up your design process.
This Canva tutorial will detail the steps to find and use various Canva elements quickly.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What You’ll Need To Use Canva Elements
- How To Use Canva Elements: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Similar Tutorials To Check Out
- Wrapping Up
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Canva Elements for Free?
Many Canva elements are free to use.
You can access and apply them to your design or image with a single click from your free account.
There are also some paid-for Canva pro elements to enrich your design further, but you can do without them for the most part.
Where Can I Find Similar Elements in Canva?
Hover over a Canva element and click on the “three dots” icon to select the “See more like this” menu.
This will show you all the similar components.
Searching for a specific element or browsing its related category section is another way to find more components similar to your chosen item.
Can You Create Your Own Elements in Canva?
You can create your own elements in Canva by using existing components, downloading them as an SVG file, and then uploading them back to Canva.
Once you drag the uploaded vector file to your design page from the uploaded files section, you can customize every layer.
What You’ll Need To Use Canva Elements
Canva is super easy to use whether you want to edit an image or create a unique design.
It only requires the following setup to apply the Canva elements:
- A computer or smartphone to use the Canva app. You can use the Canva web tool in your browser to avoid installing anything.
- A Canva account with a valid username and password. You must sign up using a valid email address or Facebook account.
- A reliable internet connection to upload, design, and download files. Even the downloaded Canva app doesn’t function offline.
How To Use Canva Elements: Step-by-Step Instructions
Anything you design on Canva can be enriched with text, brand color, lines, icons, etc.
Canva Elements offer numerous customizable components to match any brand code.
This guide shows you the steps for the Canva web app, slightly different from the steps in the mobile app.
Step 1: Create or Open a Previous Design in Canva
Head to the Canva website and sign up using your Google, Facebook, or work email.
Already have an account?
Simply log in using your username and password.
The Elements tab in Canva is in the editor sidebar.
To access it, do any one of the following:
- Start with a blank design page of any size by clicking on the “Create a design” button on the top-right of the Canva home. Choose from the template sizes or hit the “Custom size” button for your desired aspect ratio.
- Hit the “Import file” button from the “Create a design” menu to add an element to your previous design. Simply find the file on your device and select it to be uploaded.
- Have an unfinished design in Canva? Click on it from the “Recent designs” section in Canva home to add an element.
Step 2: Access the Elements Tab From the Editor Sidebar
On the design page, look on the left side.
It should have a sidebar with Elements and other menus like Uploads, Projects, Apps, etc.
Click on the “Elements” button to explore the hundreds of design elements available in Canva.
Step 2.1: Explore the Element Categories
Canva has multiple element categories by default, including Photos, Videos, Audio, Stickers, and numerous graphic elements.
Scroll down to explore all free and Canva pro collections.
You can explore all selections of a particular category by hitting the arrow (>) next to it.
Clicking on the “See all” button will show you all elements in that particular group on a new page.
Once you use an element, it will appear near the top of the Elements page under the “Recently used” category.
Step 2.2: Search for a Specific Element
Notice the search bar at the top of the Elements page?
This can help you to find any element quickly.
Simply type in the keyword for a specific element and wait for the results.
Canva suggests keywords right below the search box or once you type a word.
Some of the most commonly searched Canva element keywords include:
- Abstract shape
- 3D illustration
- Text decor
- Neon lines
- Hand drawn elements
Pro Tip: Like the style of a specific item?
You can find all elements designed by the same artist by clicking on “View more by (artist name)” under the components name.
Find this option by tapping the floating “three dots” menu over an element.
Step 3: Add or Delete an Element in Canva
You can add a canva element to your graphics in one click.
Simply find the component you need and click on it.
Once added, you can click on the element to drag it around and perform further customization, such as changing its color, shape, size, etc., to match your brand.
Note that the available customization features vary depending on the specific element.
Want to delete an element? Simply select it and hit Backspace (on Windows) or Delete (on Mac) from your keyboard.
You can also click on the “Bin” icon from the toolbar floating right above the element.
Step 4: Explore the Floating Toolbar for an Element
As you click on an element added to your graphics, a floating toolbar should appear with options to duplicate, delete, copy, paste, animate, etc.
All these options can be accessed with a right click or shortcuts next to each feature.
You can even embed a link to an element by clicking on the “Link” menu or using the universal shortcut (Ctrl or Cmd + K).
In addition, the link icon appears in the top right corner once you select an element added to your graphics.
Similar Tutorials To Check Out
Feeling confident about using Canva elements in your design?
Then you can move on to learning other features from the following tutorials:
- How to Draw in Canva: Draw your heart out and bring your imagination to life by reading my detailed guide on how to draw in Canva.
- How to Create a Gradient in Canva: Like a gradient aesthetic in the photos? You can also create the effect by learning how to create a gradient in Canva.
- How to Use Canva’s Color Picker: Remain within the same color palette to create a seamless aesthetic by discovering how to use Canva’s color picker.
Thanks to the enormous selection of Canva elements, content creators no longer have to invest massive time designing something.
Instead, it only takes some basic know-how and a few quick steps to add graphic components to photos or graphics in Canva.
This Canva tutorial will simplify your content designing journey and allow you to invest your time better.
So why not share this fun guide with your fellow designers on social media?
Finally, don’t hesitate to comment with your opinion, queries, or suggestions.
I always appreciate it.