Is the Hootsuite free trial worth it?
In short, yes.
Hootsuite is an online platform that helps business owners and professionals organize their content, schedule their work days, publish content, reach a wider audience, and build their brand.
The free trial lets you see if this is the right tool to expand your business.
- Is Hootsuite Free or Paid?
- Does Hootsuite Have a Free Trial?
- What Comes With the Hootsuite Free Trial?
- How to Claim a Hootsuite Free Trial
- Does Hootsuite Automatically Charge Users After the Free Trial Ends?
- Can You Cancel Hootsuite After The Free Trial?
- Is Hootsuite Worth Paying For?
- What Is a Free Alternative to Hootsuite?
- Other Ways to Save on Hootsuite Pricing
- Other Free Trials to Check Out
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping Up
Is Hootsuite Free or Paid?
Hootsuite is both a free and paid service.
The limited Free plan offers two social accounts, five scheduled posts, and one user.
Hootsuite Professional offers a 30-day free trial.
After the 30-day free trial, users can choose between a $49 per month trial, a $179 per month plan, or a $739 per month plan.
The $49 per month plan includes one user, ten social accounts, post scheduling, one inbox, and an unlimited number of posts.
The $179 Team plan includes three users, 20 social accounts, unlimited posting, post scheduling, and one inbox.
The $739 Business Plan includes five users, 35 social accounts, an unlimited number of posts, post scheduling, one inbox, roles & permissions, team members’ assignments, workflows, tagging, asset libraries, and customer support.
Furthermore, users can also choose an Enterprise custom plan that starts at five users and 50 social accounts.
Does Hootsuite Have a Free Trial?
Hootsuite offers a free trial for the Professional and Team plan.
Hootsuite provides the chance to ‘Request a Demo’ for both the Business and Enterprise plans.
How Long is the Hootsuite Free Trial?
The Hootsuite free trial is 30 days long.
Does Hootsuite Require a Credit Card to Activate a Free Trial?
You do not necessarily need a credit card to activate the free trial, but you need an approved payment method.
Hootsuite accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, PayPal, and JCB to activate the free trial.
How Much is Hootsuite After The Free Trial?
Hootsuite offers four plans that vary in the monthly pricing structure.
The Professional plan is the least expensive at $49 per month, the Team plan is $179 per month, the Business plan is $739 per month, and the Enterprise plan varies based on the business.
What Comes With the Hootsuite Free Trial?
You can test the Hootsuite free trial with the Professional or Team plan, both of which include various features.
Features You Can Test With a Free Trial
There are numerous features that you can test with a free trial.
- Multiple users (up to three) — The free trial makes it possible for those on the Professional or Team plan to have multiple users.
- Multiple social accounts (up to 20) — Users can manage multiple social media accounts, such as pages on their Facebook, Youtube channels, Instagram accounts, Twitter accounts, and LinkedIn pages.
- Unlimited posting — The free trial allows users to post an unlimited amount on their social media accounts.
- One inbox — Users can keep track of their communication, customer interaction, and essential information through one Hootsuite inbox.
- Post scheduling — Users can schedule specific social media posts to get the most engagement and ‘likes’ on their content.
- Metric analysis — Users can analyze what works using shared metrics on all social media accounts.
- Branded URL (Team only) — For the Team free trial, users can customize a vanity URL to bring more traffic to their web page.
- Assign content (Team only) — For the Team free trial, users can assign tasks, content, or to-do items to specific team members.
Hootsuite Free Trial Limitations
The Hootsuite free trial does not apply to the Business or Enterprise plan.
This means that users cannot do the following:
- Customize metrics — Although you can analyze the metrics on your professional or team free trial, you cannot customize the metrics.
- Five branded vanity URLs — The Business plan allows users to customize five personalized URLs. The free trial does not allow users to have five branded URLs or enable access to these metrics.
- Post templates and images — The free trial does not let users customize and design personalized templates or images.
- Content campaigns — The free trial does not let users plan or measure content campaigns.
- Tag posts — the free trial does not let users tag or categorize posts for later metrics analysis.
- Premium apps — The free trial does not include premium apps or integrations.
Is Hootsuite Customer Support Included With Free Trials?
The 24/7 Hootsuite customer support is available for those with the Hootsuite Business or Enterprise Plan.
If you do not have one of these plans, you can still visit the Hootsuite Contact Us page, Help Center, or Facebook/Twitter.
How to Claim a Hootsuite Free Trial
Users who are interested in claiming the Hootsuite free trial should follow these steps:
- Visit the Hootsuite home page
- Click on ‘Start Your Free 30-Day Trial’
- Choose your plan
- Create an account by inputting your personal information (name, email, and password)
- Select your billing cycle
- Enter your billing information
- Click on ‘Start My Free Trial’
How Do I Get The Most From My Hootsuite Free Trial?
The best way to use your Hootsuite free trial is to take advantage of the plan’s features.
For example, the Free version of Hootsuite includes two social accounts, five posts, and one user.
If you are using a free trial from the Professional or Team plan, use unlimited posting, post scheduling, multiple accounts, and multiple users.
If you make enough content during your trial period, you can return to the Free version afterward.
Using Hootsuite as much as possible within the 30-day trial period can help you drive traffic to your web pages with some of the best social media tools.
How Can I Make My Hootsuite Free Trial Longer?
Unfortunately, you can only sign up for a Hootsuite free trial once.
After 30 days, Hootsuite will charge you for your chosen plan.
Does Hootsuite Automatically Charge Users After the Free Trial Ends?
Hootsuite automatically charges users once the 30-day free trial finishes.
You will be charged for your payment method chosen during the sign-up period.
You can change your plan during the free trial period if you want to switch from Team to Professional or vice versa, but you can’t “renew” a free trial.
If you want to avoid being charged, you need to cancel your free trial before the 30-day period is up.
Can You Cancel Hootsuite After The Free Trial?
You can cancel Hootsuite after the free trial, but you will still be charged for the first month if you do not cancel within 30 days.
Hootsuite will charge the payment you added during the free trial once it ends.
How to Cancel a Hootsuite Free Trial
Users can cancel a Hootsuite free trial within the 30-day window.
The easiest way to cancel a Hootsuite free trial is to complete the following steps:
- Visit the Hootsuite homepage
- Sign into your account by inputting your email address and password
- Click on your Account
- Click on ‘My profile
- Click on ‘Account settings, preferences, and billing
- Scroll down
- Click on ‘Account Removal’
How to Remove Card Details From Hootsuite
There is an easy way to remove your card details from Hootsuite.
Some users may do this if their payment method changes information, you no longer have sufficient funds in an account, or you want to use your PayPal instead to pay for your Hootsuite account.
- Visit the Hootsuite homepage
- Sign into your account by inputting your email address and password
- Click on your Account
- Click on ‘Billing Info’
- Click on ‘Change’ next to your payment method (debit or credit card)
- Delete the selected debit or credit card
Is Hootsuite Worth Paying For?
Hootsuite is an intelligent optimization tool for professionals, teams, and businesses that want to integrate multiple social media pages into one easy-to-manage platform effectively.
Hootsuite can help users with app integrations, social network channels, scheduling with multiple users and accounts, and creating high-level social media content.
Users can schedule and pre-create their social media posts to make the most of their time.
Instead of hiring a social media VA, Hootsuite allows users to organize the posting on their own.
However, there are still downsides to using Hootsuite compared to other alternatives.
Hootsuite can get expensive over time, especially if you are paying for add-ons and integration tools.
Furthermore, the pricing can increase over time.
Lastly, the top-tier features are not available in the less expensive packages, meaning you will spend hundreds per month on the best features.
What To Expect From a Hootsuite Subscription
Hootsuite is a popular platform that offers multiple features for users, such as:
- Consolidating all interactions and messages into one Hootsuite inbox for optimal organization
- Very flexible in terms of posting and scheduling
- Personalized feeds help you filter unwanted social media posts
- Provides a wide range of services, like automatic posting, scheduled publishing, customer analysis, keyword filtering, account management, social media monitoring, and analytic analysis
What Is a Free Alternative to Hootsuite?
TweetDeck is a free and easy-to-use tool meant for creating, posting, and monitoring posts on Twitter.
This platform helps users view various timelines, manage different Twitter accounts in one place, review social media analytics, and schedule posts.
There are numerous advantages of TweetDeck, such as:
- Users can see their analytical information on one screen for optimal organization
- Users can easily set up and view columns on their homepage according to categories, such as handles, hashtags, etc.
- Users can view, manage, and post their Twitter posts to various social media accounts
- Users can monitor different aspects of Twitter in one location, such as the feed activity, updates, inbox messages, and Tweet notifications
Other Ways to Save on Hootsuite Pricing
Consider using one of these methods to help reduce the cost.
Hootsuite Promo Codes
Numerous websites offer Hootsuite promo codes based on the time of year and the specific offerings on the Hootsuite website.
- Knoji — Knoji offers 35% off Hootsuite promo codes for eligible items or 50% off social media marketing using one of the competitor codes.
- Deal Sport — Deal Sport currently has a 70% off plan using Hootsuite competitor codes.
Users can enter a discount or promo code on the website during checkout.
- Select your chosen plan and head to the shopping cart to pay for the plan
- Click on ‘HootSuite Discount’
- Enter the promo code
- Click on ‘Apply’
Hootsuite Black Friday & Cyber Monday Specials
Hootsuite has offered Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.
There are deals on the website itself or third-party sites.
For example, Hot Deals offered a Hootsuite Black Friday sale as a ‘flash sale’ on their website.
Is There a Hootsuite Student Plan?
Hootsuite offers a Student Program for teachers and students alike.
It provides a free Hootsuite Academy program, free Hootsuite access, free Social Media Marketing Certification, and free Hootsuite Certification.
Other Free Trials to Check Out
Other alternatives to Hootsuite exist that students, teachers, professionals, and small business owners can check out.
1. Zapier Free Trial
Zapier helps business owners and professionals automate and delegate workload through app integration.
The Zapier free trial offers access to the paid features, such as premium apps, unlimited Zaps, advanced filtering, workflows up to 30 steps, and 1,000 tasks during the two-week free trial period.
2. Canva Free Trial
Canva is an online design tool that helps professionals brainstorm, create, and share their brand’s content across various platforms.
The Canva free trial provides access to premium features, such as the Brand Kit to build your brand, Background Remover to get rid of image backgrounds, Magic Resize to format any photo, and Content Planner to organize your content posting and scheduling.
3. Asana Free Trial
Asana is an online platform that lets businesses or entrepreneurs keep track of their projects with their teams through organized workflows, easy integration, team collaboration, and task management tools.
The Asana free trial is a 30-day plan that offers numerous features, like unlimited tasks/projects/messages/activities, team collaboration, board view projects, iOS and Android apps, time tracking, 100+ integrations, and much more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Users who are considering signing up for the Hootsuite free trial should consider these questions beforehand to make sure it is the right choice for them.
Does Hootsuite still offer a free plan?
Hootsuite offers a free plan with limited features.
The free plan might be the best idea for those who want to try a Hootsuite program without putting down any money or who are in the process of brainstorming a new business idea.
How many posts can you schedule on Hootsuite’s free plan?
You can schedule five posts with the free plan.
The Free plan lets users schedule up to five posts at one time—once you have scheduled the five posts, you will not be able to schedule another one until one is published to an account or removed.
As you can see, the Hootsuite free trial is a great way to sample Hootsuite’s premium features and see if it is the right choice for your growing business.
Whether you are an entrepreneur, professional, or small business owner, using an online integration platform that helps you organize and optimize your webpage is vital.
By comparing Hootsuite and other alternatives, you can see if this is the optimal platform to widen your reach and scope.